Grilled Tri-Tip with Chipotle Butter – Slathered Corn
- 1 pound(s) uncooked lean trimmed sirloin beef, tri-tip roast cut, trimmed
- 3/4 tsp table salt
- 4 medium yellow corn on the cob, husks and silk removed
- 2 Tbsp light butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp lime zest, grated
- 1 tsp canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat the grill to medium-high or prepare a medium-high fire.
- Sprinkle the beef with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Place the beef and corn on the grill rack. Grill the beef until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the roast registers 145°F for medium-rare, about 10 minutes; grill the corn until lightly charred in spots and tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer the beef to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes. Transfer the corn to a serving dish and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, to make the chipotle butter, mash together the butter, cilantro, lime zest, chipotle en adobo, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in cup.
- Cut the beef into 12 slices. Spread the chipotle butter over the corn and serve with the beef. Yields 3 slices beef, 1 ear corn, and about 2 teaspoons chipotle butter per serving.