Grilled scallops with corn and asparagus
Fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp, extra virgin
1 tsp, divided
¼ tsp, freshly ground, divided
1 pound(s), sea variety (use large ones)
1 cup(s), ripe, diced
¼ cup(s), fresh, chopped
3 spray(s), divided
4 medium, husked
1 pound(s), tough ends trimmed
- Preheat stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Combine lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper in a medium bowl. Put scallops on a plate and drizzle with 1 Tbsp lemon mixture; turn to coat and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Add tomato and basil to remaining lemon mixture; set aside.
- Meanwhile, lightly coat corn and asparagus with cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Grill corn until browned on all sides, turning occasionally, 10-12 minutes. Grill asparagus until lightly charred and tender, turning occasionally, 5-6 minutes. Place corn and asparagus on a serving platter; set aside (they will be served at room temperature).
- Coat scallops with cooking spray; place on grill pan. Grill until scallops are just cooked through, turning once, about 5 minutes total; add to platter with corn and asparagus. Spoon tomato mixture over scallops and asparagus; serve.
- Serving size: about 4 scallops, 1/4 of asparagus, 1 ear corn and 1/4 c tomato mixture