Grilled Oyster Mushroom & Veggie Skewers with Lemon-Tahini Drizzle
Fresh lemon juice
½ tsp, divided
⅜ tsp, divided
Uncooked oyster mushroom(s)
6 oz, cut into 16 (1-inch) pieces
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes (to prevent them from burning on the grill). Coat a grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, whisk the tahini, lemon juice, ⅛ tsp of the salt, ⅛ tsp of the garlic powder, and the cumin. Whisk in 1½ tbsp water until the mixture is smooth and runny. (Add a little more water if needed.)
- If the mushrooms are attached in large clumps, gently pull apart into small clusters or large single mushrooms. Thread the mushrooms onto 4 skewers. Using another 4 skewers, alternately thread the eggplant and tomatoes onto each skewer. Coat the tops of the skewers with cooking spray and sprinkle with ⅛ tsp of the garlic powder. Turn the skewers over and repeat with cooking spray and the remaining ⅛ tsp garlic powder.
- Arrange the skewers on the grill rack. Cover the grill and cook until the vegetables are well marked and tender, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Sprinkle the skewers with remaining 3⁄8 tsp salt and serve with the sauce.
- Serving size: 2 mushroom skewers, 2 veggie skewers, and about 1½ tbsp sauce