Grilled flank steak with carrot top salsa verde
uncooked lean flank steak
¼ tsp, freshly ground
1 cup(s), greens (the leafy tops), lightly packed (1/2 oz)
1 Tbsp, finely chopped
2 tsp, rinsed and drained
½ small clove(s), minced
½ tsp, finely chopped
extra virgin olive oil
- Coat a grill rack or grill pan with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Grill steak until desired degree of doneness, 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steak to a cutting board; let rest 10 minutes.
- While steak is cooking, combine carrot greens, shallot, capers, garlic, tarragon, anchovy paste and mustard in a mini food processor; pulse until a coarse puree. Add oil; pulse just to combine. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in 1 to 2 tsp water to thin mixture slightly.
- Thinly slice steak across grain.
- Stir vinegar into salsa just before serving; serve salsa over steak or on the side.
- Serving size: 3 oz steak and 2 Tbsp salsa