Skewering mushrooms whole allows for easy flipping on the grill. The shallot-mustard sauce complements the vegetables wonderfully.
- 3 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp uncooked shallot(s), minced
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 pound(s) cremini mushroom(s), ends trimmed
- 5 medium uncooked scallion(s), trimmed, sliced into 3 or 4 pieces each
- 4 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp table salt
Soak 6 wooden skewers in water for about 20 minutes (or use metal skewers).
Meanwhile, to make sauce, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, water, shallot, mustard and pepper.
Preheat outdoor grill to medium-high (or coat a stovetop grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat).
Evenly divide mushrooms and scallions between skewers; coat with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Grill, turning once, until mushrooms are lightly charred and tender, about 3 minutes per side. Remove skewers to a serving platter and drizzle with sauce or serve sauce on side. Yields 1 skewer and about 4 teaspoons sauce per serving.
- Garnish the sauce with chopped shallots, if desired.