Grilled Cod with Lemon-Dill Butter
Uncooked Atlantic cod
24 oz, or other firm white fish, such as tilapia (four 6-oz fillets)
2 medium, sliced 1⁄4 inch thick to make 12 slices
4 tsp, at room temperature
2 tsp, chopped
- Off heat, coat grill rack or grill pan with nonstick spray. Preheat gas grill or grill pan to medium-high, or prepare medium-high fire in charcoal grill.
- Pat fish dry and season with salt. Arrange 3 lemon slices on grill, slightly overlapping edges. Top lemons with 1 dill sprig and 1 fillet. Repeat with remaining lemon slices, dill sprigs, and fish. Cover grill and cook, without turning fillets, until fish is opaque and yields easily to thin knife, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix butter, chopped dill, and lemon zest until blended.
- Using 2 metal spatulas, transfer fillets to plates. Top each with 11⁄2 tsp lemon-dill butter. Serve with grilled lemon slices, if desired.
- Serving size: 6 oz cod and 1 1⁄2 tsp butter