Grilled clambake by Chef Eric Greenspan
Uncooked bliss potatoes
OLD BAY Old Bay seasoning
½ Tbsp, or to taste
4 medium, on the cob, shucked and broken in half
Sweet red pepper(s)
4 medium, stemmed, seeded and each one cut into quarters
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 medium, sliced into thick rings
Extra virgin olive oil
1 pound(s), peeled and deveined (use eight 2-oz jumbo shrimp)
2 medium clove(s), finely minced
2 fl oz
Uncooked clams with shell
½ medium, cut into wedges
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with 2 inches of water and season well with Old Bay. Boil over medium heat until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain; set aside.
- Meanwhile, off heat, coat a grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Toss corn, peppers, onion, and salt in oil. Grill, turning occasionally, until soft and slightly charred, about 10 minutes. Remove to a large, deep aluminum tray. Add potatoes, shrimp and garlic to tray; cover with herbs.
- Pour wine into bottom of tray. Place clams on top of herbs; place tray on grill.
- Increase grill to high heat and close the lid. Open every couple of minutes to check for the clams opening - it should take about 10-15 minutes (discard any clams that do not open after 15 minutes).
- Remove tray from grill and transfer ingredients to a serving platter; serve with lemon wedges.
- Serving size: 9 clams, 2 shrimp, 2 halves corn, 3 pieces peppers, a few onion rings and 1/4 of potatoes