This recipe has all the elements of a Greek salad but is served on a bun. The creamy feta spread would be great over baked potatoes.
- 4 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 1/4 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), four 4 oz pieces
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dill, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground (or to taste)
- 2/3 cup(s) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp fat free skim milk
- 1 Tbsp, minced uncooked red onion(s)
- 4 item(s) light hamburger roll(s) or bun(s), toasted
- 2 piece(s) lettuce, romaine, cut in half
- 1/2 medium fresh tomato(es), cut into 4 slices
Coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high.
Pound chicken until about 1/4-inch thick; place on a large baking sheet.
In a medium bowl, combine oil, vinegar, dill, oregano, salt, garlic powder and pepper; drizzle over chicken and flip to coat both sides. Let chicken sit for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cheese, milk and onion; mash together with a fork to make a spread.
Grill chicken, flipping once, until browned and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side.
Place chicken on toasted bun bottoms; spread each with 1 heaping Tbsp feta spread. Top each with 1 piece lettuce and 1 slice tomato; cover with bun tops.
Serving size: 1 sandwich
- Cut each piece of chicken in half if it’s too big to fit on bread. Each sandwich will then contain 2 pieces of chicken.