Tandoori Turkey Quesadilla
½ cup(s), yellow variety
Tandoori spice mix
Cooked turkey breast without skin
8 oz, shredded
Fresh mint leaves
2 item(s), finely minced
¼ medium, juiced (or to taste)
Plain fat free yogurt
Part-skim mozzarella cheese
¼ cup(s), shredded
- In a non-stick pan treated with 3 sprays of cooking spray, saute the onions until soft and beginning to caramelize, about ten minutes.
- Add 2 sprays of cooking spray and some water to the pan, if needed, along the way. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the lentils and stir to combine, adding a bit of water if necessary, so the mixture is moist but not soupy. Meanwhile, add the tandoori spices to a bowl and toss the shredded turkey in the blend until coated.
- In a small bowl, combine the mint, lemon juice, and yogurt. To build the quesadilla, spoon half of the lentils on one side of the flatbread, then top with half of the turkey and half of the shredded cheese. Repeat with the second flatbread.
- Fold in half and cook in a non-stick pan treated with cooking spray, flipping once, until both sides are crispy. Cut into three wedges. Serve immediately with the yogurt dipping sauce.
- Serving size: 1 wedge plus 2 scant Tbsp sauce