Flank steak with tomato & onion salad
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
3 cup(s), quartered
¼ cup(s), chopped fresh
Uncooked red onion(s)
¼ cup(s), chopped, chopped
1 medium, or serrano pepper, thinly sliced
Fresh lime juice
Extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp, divided
Ancho chile powder
Unpacked brown sugar
Uncooked lean and trimmed beef flank steak
- Spray grill rack or grill pan with nonstick spray. Preheat gas grill to medium, prepare medium fire in charcoal grill, or heat grill pan over medium on stovetop.
- In medium bowl, combine tomatoes, cilantro, onion, jalapeño, lime juice, oil, and ¼ tsp salt. Set aside salad.
- In small bowl, stir chile powder, brown sugar, cumin, black pepper, and remaining ¾ tsp salt. Rub spice mixture all over steak.
- Grill steak, turning once, until instant-read thermometer inserted into side of thickest part of steak registers 145°F, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut steak into thin slices and serve with salad.
- Serving size: 1/4 of steak and 3/4 cup salad