Cuban flank steak with lime and fresh mango
1 tsp, finely grated
Fresh lime juice
½ tsp, finely grated
Fresh orange juice
2 large clove(s)
1½ Tbsp, packed
½ tsp, freshly ground
Uncooked lean flank steak
2 item(s), ripe but firm, sliced
1 item(s), cut in 8 wedges
- In a blender, combine lime zest and juice, orange zest and juice, oil, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper; blend until smooth.
- Reserve 2 Tbsp marinade for serving. Place steak in a wide, shallow bowl; pour remaining marinade over steak and let sit, uncovered, at room temperature while you heat grill (or cover bowl and refrigerate for several hours or overnight).
- Heat grill (or broiler) to high.
- Remove steak from marinade, brushing off any solid bits. Grill over direct heat (or under broiler), turning once, until desired degree of doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Thinly slice steak across grain and drizzle with reserved marinade; serve with mango slices and lime wedges.
- Serving size: 3 oz steak, 1/3 of a mango and 1 tsp marinade drizzle