Crispy chicken sandwich with BBQ mayo
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), 4 (4-oz) cutlets, thin-sliced
1 large egg(s)
1 tsp, yellow
Light English muffin(s)
4 muffin(s), whole wheat, split and toasted
- Arrange an oven rack approximately 6 inches from the broiler and another rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Season the chicken with the salt and black pepper. Sprinkle half the flour over the top of the chicken and gently pat to adhere the flour. Repeat with the remaining flour on the other side of the chicken.
- In a medium shallow bowl, whisk the egg and Dijon mustard. Spread the panko on a plate. Working with 1 cutlet at a time, dip the chicken into the egg mixture, turning to coat and allowing the excess to drain off. Dredge both sides of each cutlet in the panko, pressing to adhere the crumbs. Place the coated chicken on the prepared pan and coat with cooking spray. Bake until the chicken is cooked through, 16 to 18 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. Preheat the broiler on High. Broil the chicken on the top rack until browned on both sides, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, stir the mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, honey, and yellow mustard. Spread about 4 tsp sauce on the top half of each English muffin. Layer the bottom half of each muffin with 1 cutlet, arugula, and tomato. Cover with the muffin tops.
- Serving size: 1 sandwich