Crab-stuffed jalapeño poppers
SmartPoints® value per serving
We’ve completely reinvented this breaded and deep-fried pub-food favorite by giving it a fresh upgrade. This spicy makeover combines jalapeños with a light and refreshing parmesan cheese and crabmeat mixture into a bite-sized appetizer you can easily make at home. They also make a great weekend lunch or easy dinner when paired with a hefty garden salad. For a less spicy dish, remove the seeds from the jalapeños. But, be sure to handle them with care. Since the heat from their seeds can linger on your skin, don't touch your eyes until after you’ve washed your hands with soap and warm water.
Dry potato flakes
White balsamic vinegar
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Lightly coat the inside of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Mix the crab meat, potato flakes, cheese, vinegar, oregano, garlic powder, and salt in a medium bowl until well blended.
- Use a paring knife to cut off the stem end of each chile. Use the knife to hollow out the chiles without cutting through their sides. Stuff each with 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of the crab mixture. Arrange in a single layer in a the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes or until the chiles are lightly browned and tender. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serving size: 4 stuffed chiles