Chipotle-Pulled Chicken Nachos with Avocado and Lime Cream
- Total Time
Ooey and gooey, this Mexican classic gets a nutrient boost with tons of fresh veggies, low-fat cheese and lean chicken breast.
cooked skinless boneless chicken breast(s)2 cup(s), chopped, coarsely shredded
canned tomato sauce8 oz
ground cumin1 tsp
chili powder1 tsp, chipotle variety
cayenne pepper1 pinch
light sour cream¼ cup(s)
fresh lime juice1 Tbsp
cooking spray4 spray(s)
tortilla chips30 chip(s)
50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese-¾ cup(s), shredded
salsa sauce¾ cup(s)
avocado½ medium, diced
sweet red pepper(s)1 small, diced
uncooked scallion(s)¼ cup(s), chopped
pickled jalapeno peppers¼ cup(s), chopped, sliced
cilantro¼ cup(s), chopped
- Combine chicken, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper in a small saucepan; heat over medium heat until bubbly.
- Stir together sour cream and lime juice; set aside.
- Preheat broiler. Coat a large rimmed sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange chips on prepared pan in an even layer; top evenly with chicken mixture and cheese. Heat under broiler until cheese melts, 3-4 minutes (should be 6 inches away from broiler).
- Drizzle sour cream mixture and salsa over top; sprinkle evenly with avocado, red pepper, scallion, pickled jalapenos and cilantro. Serve immediately.
- Serving size: 5 topped chips (about 1 1/4 c)