Chilaquiles with fried eggs, cheese, and avocado
6 oz, (6 [1 oz] items), each cut into 8 wedges
1 small, chopped
Canned diced tomatoes with green chilies
Canned tomato sauce
Canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
¼ cup(s), fresh, chopped
4 large egg(s)
1 medium, chopped
Crumbled feta cheese
¼ cup(s), or queso fresco
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place tortillas in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until crisp, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a 4- to 6-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until light golden and tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in diced tomatoes and green chiles, tomato sauce, ¾ cup water, chipotles, and salt and bring to a simmer. Stir in baked tortillas. Cook, stirring, until tortillas are softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in cilantro. Remove chilaquiles from heat.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray. In skillet, cook eggs sunny-side up.
- Divide chilaquiles among 4 shallow bowls or plates. Top each with a fried egg and 1/4 avocado. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Serving size: heaping ¾ cup chilaquiles, 1 fried egg, ¼ avocado, and 1 tbsp cheese