Chickpea and Feta Salad
- 2 cup(s) chickpeas (15 oz), rinsed and drained
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), finely minced, or less to taste
- 2 Tbsp uncooked scallion(s), thinly sliced
- 1/2 large sweet red pepper(s), diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, fresh, finely minced
- 9 large olive(s), black or green, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 1 tsp lemon zest, for garnish*
- In a medium bowl, combine chickpeas, garlic, scallions, red pepper, parsley, olives and feta cheese; toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil and lemon juice; pour over chickpea mixture and season to taste with black pepper. Garnish with lemon zest; serve. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.