Chicken zucchini boats
4 spray(s), divided
Canned tomato sauce
2 cup(s), with basil, garlic and oregano, divided
Cooked skinless boneless chicken breast(s)
2½ cup(s), chopped, or shredded (homemade or store-bought)
WW Reduced fat shredded Mexican style blend cheese
1 Tbsp, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9- X 13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray; spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce in bottom of dish.
- Trim zucchini; slice each zucchini in half lengthwise. Using a spoon or a melon baller, remove flesh from center of each zucchini half. Chop scooped out zucchini flesh; set aside. Place zucchini halves in a single layer in prepared dish.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat; add chopped zucchini and cook, stirring, about 3 minutes. Add remaining tomato sauce and chicken to pan; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Divide chicken mixture among zucchini halves; cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 minutes; remove aluminum foil and sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes. Remove from oven; garnish with chopped basil.
- Serving size: 2 zucchini boats