Chicken Tagine with Apricots and Almonds
- 4 halves dried apricot halves
- 1 cup(s) fat free chicken broth
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup(s) slivered almonds, or whole blanched almonds
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 2 cup(s) cooked couscous, hot
- In a small saucepan, bring apricots and chicken broth to a simmer. Set aside.
- Coat a large, nonstick saucepan with cooking spray and place over high heat; toss chicken with flour and then sauté chicken until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in onion, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until onions are very tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in cinnamon and honey.
- Stir in apricots, broth and almonds; season to taste with salt and pepper. Simmer 10 minutes and serve over couscous. Yields about 3 ounces of chicken, 1/4 cup of sauce and 1/2 cup of couscous per serving.