Chicken and Spinach Lasagna
- Total Time
This tasty Italian casserole is a snap to make. The dry pasta will absorb the extra liquid while cooking so you can say goodbye to runny lasagna!
cooking spray1 spray(s)
store bought marinara sauce52 oz
olive oil1 Tbsp
uncooked onion(s)1 medium, chopped
98% fat-free uncooked chicken breast1 pound(s)
fat-free ricotta cheese30 oz
egg white(s)2 large, lightly beaten
garlic powder1 tsp
Italian seasoning1 Tbsp
uncooked lasagna noodles9 item(s)
chopped frozen spinach20 oz, thawed and squeezed dry
shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese1 ½ cup(s)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a large, deep lasagna pan with cooking spray. Measure 2 cups of marinara sauce; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until almost tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add chicken; cook until no longer pink, stirring frequently, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add remaining marinara sauce to skillet and stir until well combined; set aside.
- Mix together ricotta cheese, egg whites, garlic powder and Italian seasoning in a large bowl until well combined.
- To assemble lasagna, place 2 cups of reserved marinara sauce on bottom of dish. Layer with 3 noodles, 1/3 of ricotta mixture, 1/3 of spinach, 1/3 of mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of chicken-sauce mixture; repeat layers ending with chicken-sauce mixture. (Make sure to spread ingredients to edge of noodles.)
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil. Bake lasagna for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and bake until cheese is melted and edges are bubbly, about 20 minutes more. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces.