Chicken and orzo soup with fennel
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 tsp, or more to taste
½ tsp, freshly ground (or more to taste)
4 medium, thinly sliced into rounds
Uncooked fennel bulb(s)
1 medium, thinly sliced and then chopped (or to taste)
Cooked skinless boneless chicken breast(s)
2 cup(s), chopped
Fresh lemon juice
3 Tbsp, fresh, chopped, divided (or more to taste)
- In a large soup pot, combine broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add carrots, fennel and orzo; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, until orzo and vegetables are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken; cook until heated through.
- Remove pot from heat; stir in lemon juice and dill.
- Serving size: about 1 1/4 cups