Cajun Shrimp with Garlicky Spinach Grits
2 large clove(s), large, minced
reduced-sodium chicken broth
uncooked white corn grits
½ cup(s), quick-cooking variety
fresh baby spinach
3 cup(s), firmly packed
1 pound(s), medium, peeled and deveined
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broth, water, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and bring to boil. Gradually stir in grits. Reduce heat and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until grits thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in spinach in batches until wilted. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, stir together remaining 2 teaspoons oil, Cajun seasoning, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Set large ridged grill pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of shrimp to pan and cook, turning once, until just opaque in center, 3–4 minutes. Transfer to plate. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Divide grits mixture evenly among 4 shallow bowls and top evenly with shrimp.
- Per serving: 1/2 cup grits mixture with about 8 shrimp