Bunless Asian Beef Burger Wraps
- Total Time
uncooked 95% lean ground beef1 pound(s)
uncooked shallot(s)2 small, minced
low sodium soy sauce2 Tbsp
fish sauce2 tsp
lime zest1 tsp, grated
ginger root½ tsp, peeled grated fresh
canola oil2 tsp
English cucumber(s)½ medium, diced
fresh mint leaves1 ½ Tbsp, finely chopped
rice vinegar1 Tbsp
agave nectar½ tsp
table salt¼ tsp
bibb lettuce8 leaf/leaves, large
- Stir together beef, 1 shallot, soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of fish sauce, lime zest, and ginger in medium bowl. With damp hands, shape mixture into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) patties.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add patties and cook, turning once, until instant-read thermometer inserted into side of each burger registers 160°F, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together remaining shallot, remaining 1 teaspoon fish sauce, cucumber, mint, vinegar, and salt in medium bowl.
- Arrange 2 lettuce leaves onto each of 4 plates. Top with burgers. Top burgers evenly with cucumber mixture and fold lettuce over to enclose filling.
- Per serving (2 garnished burgers)