Broiled Steak and Peppers with Creamy Salsa Verde
uncooked bell pepper(s)
2 item(s), medium, yellow, quartered
1 medium, quartered
uncooked lean and trimmed beef flank steak
1 cup(s), fresh cilantro leaves
¾ cup(s), fat free
light sour cream
- Preheat broiler. Spray broiler rack with nonstick spray.
- Stir together cumin, oregano, and salt in cup. Combine peppers in medium bowl and spray lightly with nonstick spray. Sprinkle peppers with half of seasoning mix. Sprinkle remaining seasoning mix over steak. Arrange steak and peppers in single layer on prepared broiler rack.
- Broil 5 inches from heat, turning steak and peppers once, until peppers are crisp-tender and instant-read thermometer inserted into side of steak registers 145°F, about 8 minutes. Transfer steak to cutting board and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make sauce, puree cilantro, salsa, and sour cream in blender or food processor.
- Cut steak across grain into 16 slices. Serve with peppers and sauce.
- Per serving: 4 slices steak and1/4 cup sauce