Broiled Steak and Peppers with Creamy Salsa Verde
- Total Time
ground cumin1 ½ tsp
dried oregano1 tsp
table salt½ tsp
uncooked bell pepper(s)2 item(s), medium, yellow, quartered
poblano chile1 medium, quartered
uncooked lean and trimmed beef flank steak1 pound(s)
cilantro1 cup(s), fresh cilantro leaves
salsa verde¾ cup(s), fat free
light sour cream2 Tbsp
- Preheat broiler. Spray broiler rack with nonstick spray.
- Stir together cumin, oregano, and salt in cup. Combine peppers in medium bowl and spray lightly with nonstick spray. Sprinkle peppers with half of seasoning mix. Sprinkle remaining seasoning mix over steak. Arrange steak and peppers in single layer on prepared broiler rack.
- Broil 5 inches from heat, turning steak and peppers once, until peppers are crisp-tender and instant-read thermometer inserted into side of steak registers 145°F, about 8 minutes. Transfer steak to cutting board and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make sauce, puree cilantro, salsa, and sour cream in blender or food processor.
- Cut steak across grain into 16 slices. Serve with peppers and sauce.
- Per serving: 4 slices steak and1/4 cup sauce