Banana Snack Bread
- Total Time
Lots of bananas in this cake make it super-moist. The bananas are baked in their skins for a few minutes to bring out their natural sweetness.
banana(s)4 medium, very ripe, unpeeled
plain fat free yogurt1 cup(s)
unpacked light brown sugar4 Tbsp
unsalted butter3 Tbsp, softened
vanilla extract2 tsp
white all-purpose flour1 ½ cup(s)
baking powder1 tsp
baking soda1 tsp
ground cinnamon1 ¼ tsp
table salt¼ tsp
chopped walnuts¼ cup(s), toasted
powdered sugar2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Coat a 9 x 9-inch metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place bananas on a baking sheet; bake until peels are deep golden, 10 minutes. Let bananas cool slightly; slice peel open. Scoop out banana flesh into a medium bowl; mash. Add yogurt, brown sugar, butter, egg and vanilla to bowl; whisk to blend.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until blended.
- Add banana mixture to flour mixture; stir just until combined. Pour into prepared baking pan; sprinkle on walnuts.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 22-25 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack 10 minutes and then remove from pan; cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar; cut into 9 pieces.
- Serving size: 1 piece