- Total Time
This easy one-pan supper pairs juicy chicken breasts with a tangy apple-onion compote. It's a wonderful autumn-inspired meal.
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)1 pound(s), four 4-oz pieces
olive oil2 tsp
all-purpose flour1 Tbsp
uncooked red onion(s)2 large, sliced
kosher salt1 tsp
black pepper¼ tsp, freshly ground
apple cider1 ½ cup(s)
fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth1 cup(s)
Dijon mustard1 tsp
Granny Smith apple2 large, sliced
fresh sage1 Tbsp, minced
fresh parsley4 tsp, chopped
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with flour; cook until browned on both sides, flipping once, about 3-5 minutes per side. Remove from skillet to a plate.
- Add onions, salt, and pepper to same pan and reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring frequently, until onions are softened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add cider, broth and mustard to pan; stir to combine.
- Return chicken to pan and increase heat to medium-high; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Add apples and sage to pan; flip chicken over, stir mixture and continue to cook, uncovered, until chicken is cooked through, about 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Serving size: 1 chicken breast and 3/4 c apple mixture