Ultimate bacon cheeseburger
Mixed Dried Mushrooms
Streaky Bacon, raw
12 rasher(s), medium
Extra lean beef mince (5% fat), raw
170 g, finely chopped
1 small, ½ grated, ½ thinly sliced
Calorie controlled cooking spray
WW Reduced Fat Grated Mature Cheese
1 large, cut into 6 slices
6 leaf/leaves, small, to garnish
- Put the dried mushrooms in a small bowl and cover with hot water. Stand for 15 minutes, or until softened. Drain and rinse. Pat dry with kitchen or tea towels, then finely chop the mushrooms and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place 6 bacon slices in a single layer between 2 paper towels and microwave on High for 30 seconds, or until the bacon is partially cooked and still flexible. Leave to drain on the paper towels. Repeat with the remaining 6 slices of bacon and once all done, set aside and leave to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together the beef mince, both types of mushrooms, grated onion and season well – try not to over mix to keep the meat tender. Shape into six patties and crisscross 2 strips of bacon on top of each one, tucking the bacon ends underneath.
- Mist a large griddle pan with cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the burgers, bacon ends down, and cook for 6 minutes per side, flipping 1-2 times until cooked through. Sprinkle the cheese on the burgers and cook for 30 seconds, or until melted, then remove burgers from heat.
- Sprinkle the tomato slices with a little salt. To serve, place 1 burger on half a burger bun. Top with a tomato slice, the lettuce leaves, onion slices and the other half of the bun.