Chilli con carne with rice
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Extra lean beef mince (5% fat), raw
1 tablespoons, level
1 teaspoons, level
1 can(s), large
Kidney Beans, cooked
1 can(s), large, drained
Beef stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), 250ml stock
Brown Rice, dry
Fat Free Natural Yogurt
- Heat a large pan over a medium heat. When hot, mist with the spray and add the mince. Increase the temperature and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring, until the mince is browned all over.
- Stir in the onion, garlic and pepper, and cook for 4-5 minutes more, until the onion has started to soften. Stir in the chilli powder and cumin, then cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, kidney beans and stock to the pan, stir, then season to taste. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice to pack directions. Drain.
- Serve the chilli and rice topped with a spoonful of the yogurt and garnished with the chilli powder and coriander.