Make this recipe in bulk, portion it up and freeze for instant good-for-you ready meals
- 4 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 400 g Extra lean beef mince (5% fat), raw
- 1 medium Onion(s), finely chopped
- 200 g Mushrooms, sliced
- 200 g Carrots, raw, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 800 g Tinned Tomatoes, 2x 400g
- 1 tablespoons, level Tomato Purèe
- 240 g White pasta, dry, spaghetti
- 3 teaspoons Basil, fresh, to serve
- 1 teaspoons Dried Mixed Herbs
Heat a large nonstick pan over a medium-high heat and mist with cooking spray. Add the mince and cook for 5-6 minutes. Add the onion, mushrooms and carrots and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, until the mince is browned and the vegetables are starting to soften.
Stir in the tomatoes, tomato purée and dried herbs. Season and bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta to pack instructions, then drain.
Serve the pasta topped with the meat sauce and basil leaves.