Topsy-turvy fish pie
3 - 12
PersonalPoints™ per serving
All the flavours of fish pie, but without the long wait - perfect for a fast family supper.
Egg, whole, raw
2 medium, raw
Plain White Flour
Low Fat Spread
2 tablespoons, chopped
Fish Pie Mix
350 g, cut into florets, to serve
- Put the potatoes in a large pan, pour over plenty of boiling water, then cover and simmer briskly for 12–15 minutes, until tender.
- At the same time, boil the eggs in a small saucepan for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the sauce; reserve 2 tbsp milk and put the rest into the large nonstick saucepan with the flour and low fat spread. Bring up to the boil, stirring constantly with a small whisk, until the sauce thickens and boils. Reduce the heat, stir in most of the parsley and season. Tip in the fish and cook gently for 4–5 minutes, stirring occasionally – do this gently to avoid breaking up the fish.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the broccoli and cook for 3–4 minutes until tender, drain. Drain the eggs, shell them and cut them into quarters. Drain and mash the potatoes, beating in the reserved milk and season with black pepper. Reheat for a few seconds, beating with a wooden spoon.
- Share the mashed potato between warmed plates. Spoon the fish mixture on top and arrange the eggs around the sides. Snip a little more parsley on top and serve with the broccoli.