Sticky tofu stir-fry with broccoli
Chilli, Green or Red
2 individual, deseeded and sliced, plus extra to serve
2 clove(s), crushed
Vegetable stock cube(s)
½ cube(s), to make 125 ml
Light Soy Sauce
Tesco Shaoxing Rice Wine
- Drain the tofu, wrap it in kitchen paper and put it on a plate. Top with another plate and settle a few full food tins on top. Leave for 10 minutes, then remove the kitchen paper and cut the tofu into thick strips.
- Meanwhile, blanch the broccoli in a pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes, then drain and cool under cold running water.
- Heat half the oil in a large nonstick wok or frying pan over a high heat. Cook the tofu, turning, for 3-4 minutes until golden all over. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the remaining oil and stir-fry the chilli and garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add the choi sum/pak choi and broccoli and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until the leaves have wilted.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the vegetable stock, soy sauce, Chinese rice wine, chilli sauce and cornflour in a small bowl, then add to the wok and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, until the sauce darkens and thickens.
- Return the tofu to the pan and gently toss to coat. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbling then serve garnished with the sesame seeds, coriander leaves and extra chilli slices.