Orange & ginger chicken with broccoli ‘rice’
Reduced Sugar Marmalade
Freshly squeezed orange juice
Lime Juice, Fresh
1 tablespoon(s), grated
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
1 medium, thinly sliced
600 g, prepared broccoli 'rice'
1 can(s), large, drained
- Make the marinade: in a bowl, combine the marmalade, orange juice, 2 tbsp lime juice, soy sauce, Sriracha and ginger. Season, then put the chicken in a plastic food bag, pour in the marinade, then seal. Marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Heat a large nonstick griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the food bag (reserving the marinade) and griddle for 20 minutes, turning once, until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into thick slices. Griddle the orange slices, in batches, for 1-2 minutes on each side, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- While the chicken is resting, pour the reserved marinade into a small pan and bring to a boil over a medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, until thickened and reduced.
- Cook the broccoli ‘rice’ to pack instructions, then transfer to a bowl with the chickpeas. Add the remaining lime juice and stir to combine, then season to taste.
- Divide the broccoli ‘rice’ between plates and top with the griddled chicken and orange slices. Drizzle over the sauce, then serve garnished with the sesame seeds and mint.