PersonalPoints™ per serving
This is a great vegetarian alternative to the classic beef Wellington and makes a delicious meat-free option
100 g, sage and onion
3 medium, sliced
250 g, portobello or field, stalks removed
Calorie controlled cooking spray
6 sheet(s), large
- Put the stuffing mix in a heatproof bowl and pour 250ml boiling water over. Stir well and leave for 10–15 minutes, covered with a plate, until the stuffing has absorbed the water. Give it a good stir and set to one side.
- Meanwhile, boil the carrots until tender. Transfer them to a bowl and mash with the back of a fork to make a coarse purée. Stir the carrot into the stuffing mixture.
- Spray both sides of each mushroom with the cooking spray and place each one cap-side down on a chopping board or plate. Spread a teaspoon of the apple sauce over the underside (gills) of each mushroom. Divide the stuffing mixture between the mushrooms, piling it on top. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 6. Cut each sheet of filo in half horizontally, to make 12 squares in total. Place three halves of filo on top of each other, spraying each layer with the cooking spray. Sit a mushroom in the centre. Draw up the corners of the filo to meet in the middle and make a parcel. Twist the top of the filo to seal and spray the parcel with more cooking spray. Repeat with the remaining stuffed mushrooms and filo halves to make your parcels.
- Spray a nonstick baking tray with the cooking spray and place the mushroom parcels on it. Bake for 35–40 minutes until the filo is golden and crisp.