Mushroom miso ramen
Calorie controlled cooking spray
370 g, 250g chestnut, 120g shiitake
Chilli, Green or Red
1 individual, sliced
2 clove(s), sliced
20 g, chopped
Vegetable stock cube(s)
2 cube(s), 1.5 litres stock
Egg, whole, raw
4 medium, raw
Wholewheat Noodle Nests, dry
200 g, roughly chopped
6 medium, thinly slcied
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry frying pan for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant and golden. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Mist a large nonstick pan with cooking spray and set over a high heat. Add half the mushrooms and cook, for 2-3 minutes, until browned. Transfer to a plate and mist the pan with more cooking spray, then cook the remaining mushrooms. Return all the mushrooms to the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the chilli, garlic and ginger, and stir-fry everything for 2 minutes, until fragrant, then add the hot stock. Stir in the miso paste and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and let the broth simmer while you cook the eggs.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add the eggs and cook for 3-4 minutes. Drain the pan then fill again with cold water and set aside for a few minutes to allow the eggs to cool. Drain, then peel and set aside.
- While the eggs are cooking, add the noodles to the broth, cook for 3 minutes, then add the kale and half the spring onions. Simmer for 2 minutes until the kale and noodles are tender. Stir in the soy sauce.
- Divide the noodles and veg between bowls and ladle over the broth. Halve the boiled eggs and add to the bowls. Scatter over the remaining spring onions, toasted sesame seeds and extra chilli, then serve.