Coq Au Vin
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Bacon medallions, raw
4 rasher(s), roughly chopped
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
Plain White Flour
250 g, chestnut
Chicken stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), to make 200ml
1 tablespoon(s), level
800 g, Maris Piper, quartered
Semi Skimmed Milk
Low Fat Spread
1 tablespoon(s), finely chopped
- Mist a large, nonstick sauté pan with cooking spray and fry the shallots and bacon over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, until starting to brown. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a bowl, then cover and set aside.
- Season the chicken and dust with the flour, shaking off any excess, then add to the pan and cook for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the wine, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes until reduced. Stir in the mushrooms, stock and tomato purée, then add the rosemary. Return the shallots and bacon to the pan, stir to combine, then reduce the heat and cook, covered, for 10 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes, then drain and mash with the milk and spread. Season to taste.
- Season the coq au vin to taste, scatter over the parsley and serve with the mashed potato on the side.