Cinnamon ice 'cream' with warm apples
Warm apples and our wonderful low Point ice cream made from ripe bananas are the perfect, guilt-free way to get your sweet fi x.
2 teaspoon(s), level
Light Brown Sugar
Calorie controlled cooking spray
½ teaspoon(s), level
- For the ice cream, freeze the bananas in their skins for at least 6 hours. Take them out of the freezer and leave to stand for 10 minutes. Peel and roughly chop, then put in a food processor and pulse a few times until smooth. Stir in the cinnamon, transfer to a shallow dish and put in the freezer.
- To make the cigarillos, preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Using a sharp knife, cut the fi lo into 8 rough squares. Starting at one corner, roll each square up tightly to form a cigarillo.
- Mist with cooking spray and sprinkle with the icing sugar. Bake for 10 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the apples, quarter and core them, then cut into wedges. Heat gently in a pan with the sugar (no water) for 10-15 minutes, or until just soft.
- Serve the apples with the ice cream and cigarillos.