Chicken burgers with blue cheese
- Total Time
If the sun is shining bring out the barby. Leave out the blue cheese if you're not a fan.
Calorie controlled cooking spray5 spray(s)
Barbecue sauce3 tablespoons
Hot Pepper Sauce (Tabasco)1 ½ teaspoons
Chicken breast mince, raw500 g
Shallots4 medium, peeled, thinly sliced
Celery, cooked50 g, finely chopped
Breadcrumbs, dried30 g, (1/4 cup)
Garlic2 clove(s), crushed
Soft white bread roll4 medium, halved
Lettuce½ individual, shredded
Tomato1 medium, sliced
Stilton40 g, crumbled
- Spray a grill with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat.
- Combine barbecue sauce and tabasco sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place chicken, 1 tbsp barbeque sauce mixture, shallots, celery, breadcrumbs and garlic in a medium size bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Using wet hands (to prevent mixture from sticking), form chicken mixture into 4 x 1cm thick patties. Brush top of patties with remaining barbecue sauce mixture.
- Place patties on preheated grill, sauce side down. Brush other side with remaining sauce. Grill for approximately 5 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Lightly toast rolls on grill during last minutes of cooking.
- Assemble burgers using rolls, lettuce, patties, tomato and cheese.