Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 whole, florets, roughly chopped
2 clove(s), finely chopped
Vegetable stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), to make 200ml
Marigold Health Foods Ltd Vegan Engevita Yeast Flakes
1 large, finely chopped
4 sprig(s), leaves stripped
250 g, sliced
25 g, chopped
- Mist a nonstick pan with cooking spray and set over a medium heat. Add one-third of the cauliflower and all the garlic and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes. Add the stock, bring the mixture to a simmer and cook, covered, for 15 minutes until the cauliflower is very tender. Remove from the heat, sprinkle over the nutritional yeast, and use a stick blender to blitz the mixture to a smooth purée.
- Meanwhile, put the remaining cauliflower into a food processor and blitz until roughly the texture of rice, then set aside.
- Mist a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and add the onion, thyme, mushrooms and 2 tablespoons water. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Add the cauliflower rice and 50ml boiling water from the kettle and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes until hot.
- Stir the cauliflower purée into the mixture, adding a splash of water if the ‘risotto’ is too thick.
- Season to taste and serve garnished with the parsley.