Cajun-style tofu with corn salsa and crispy salad
- Total Time
Tofu is perfect for absorbing lots of other flavours – in this dish it’s teamed with Cajun spices.
Plain Tofu396 g
Thyme, Dried2 teaspoons, level
Paprika2 ½ teaspoons, level, 1 tsp smoked paprika, the rest sweet paprika
Oregano, Dried1 teaspoons, level
Morrisons Garlic Granules3 g
Cayenne Pepper½ teaspoons, level
Calorie controlled cooking spray4 spray(s)
Co-op Corn on the Cob2 portion(s)
Cherry Tomatoes10 individual, halved
Spring Onions3 medium, finely sliced
Chilli, Green or Red1 individual, finely diced
Coriander, fresh1 teaspoons, finely chopped
Salad (zero SmartPoints values)170 g
- Wrap the tofu in kitchen paper and put on a plate. Put another plate on top and weigh it down using a full tin of food. Leave for 30 minutes to drain, pour off the liquid and cut into 12 slices.
- Combine the thyme, paprikas, oregano, garlic granules and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Dust the tofu slices in the spices, then cover and set aside.
- Mist a large griddle pan with cooking spray and put over a medium-high heat. Add the corn cobs and cook for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally until they are evenly charred.
- Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Use a sharp knife to slice the corn kernels off the cobs. Leave to cool completely then toss with the cherry tomatoes, spring onions, chilli and coriander. Set aside.
- Reheat the griddle pan and mist again with cooking spray. Add the tofu and cook on both sides for 3 minutes. Arrange the salad leaves on plates and top with the corn salsa and tofu.