Beef keema dhansak & fresh mango chutney
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Extra lean beef mince (5% fat), raw
1 medium, finely chopped
1 tablespoons, medium
2 clove(s), crushed
1 can(s), large
Split Red Lentils, dry
Beef stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), 400ml stock
1 medium, peeled, stone removed and flesh finely chopped
Chilli, Green or Red
½ individual, red, deseeded and finely chopped
Lime Juice, Fresh
½ zest(s) of 1
- Mist a large flameproof lidded casserole with cooking spray. Brown the mince and onion together for 5 minutes over a high heat, stirring frequently to break the mince up. Add the curry powder and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the tomatoes, then rinse the lentils in a sieve under cold running water, and add them to the casserole, along with the stock. Bring to the boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer for 25 minutes or until the lentils are soft.
- Stir in the spinach, adjust the seasoning to taste and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- While the curry is cooking, simply combine the mango chutney ingredients in a bowl and set aside for the flavours to infuse
- Ladle the curry into warmed bowls and serve topped with the fresh mango chutney.