White self-rising flour
Fat free buttermilk
1 large egg(s)
4 cup(s), such as strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, or blueberries
- Onto a double layer of paper towels, use the large holes of a box grater to shred zucchini. Gather edges of paper towels and squeeze zucchini firmly to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Preheat a standard nonstick waffle maker. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. In another medium bowl, whisk buttermilk, egg, oil, and vanilla. In center of flour mixture, make a well. To well, add buttermilk mixture; stir to combine. Fold in zucchini.
- Spray waffle maker with nonstick spray. Among squares of waffle maker, evenly divide batter (about 1⁄2 cup batter per square). Close lid and cook until lightly browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Serve waffles evenly topped with berries.
- Serving size: 1 waffle and 1 cup berries