Korean BBQ Chicken Lettuce Cups with Sesame Cucumber Salad & Jasmine Rice
Uncooked jasmine rice
Gochujang hot pepper paste
Persian (mini) cucumber
½ cup(s), sliced
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
2 Tbsp, leaves
- In a medium pot, combine rice, white part of scallions, pinch of salt, and 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a boil on high heat, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 12 to 14 minutes, or until water has been absorbed. Turn off heat and fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together gochujang, hoisin, soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon of water for the glaze.
- Combine cucumbers, radishes, and scallion tops in another bowl. Add vinegar and half the sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper, stir, and marinate at least 10 minutes.
- Lightly coat grill grate with nonstick spray; heat grill to 450-500°F. Pat chicken dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper, and coat with remaining sesame oil. Grill until browned and cooked through, about 7 to 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Add chopped chicken to glaze; toss to coat. To assemble lettuce cups use 2 stacked leaves for each cup. Fill each with half the cooked rice, glazed chicken, and marinated vegetables. Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro.