- 17 oz cooked cornmeal, in the form of a prepared polenta log, sliced into 16 rounds
- 2 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
- 8 tsp grated Parmesan cheese, divided (Parmigiano Reggiano recommended)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 pound(s) fresh mushroom(s), shiitake caps and Baby Bellas, sliced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 Tbsp Weight Watchers 1/3 less-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, fresh, chopped (for garnish)
Preheat oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil (for easy clean-up) or coat pan with cooking spray.
Arrange polenta on pan in a single layer. Lightly coat polenta with cooking spray and sprinkle each with 1/4 teaspoon of cheese; bake until cheese is lightly browned, about 15 to 18 minutes.
While polenta rounds bake, prepare mushroom topping. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes. Stir in garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Stir cream cheese and water into skillet; cook over low heat until cream cheese melts and mixture looks creamy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
To assemble, place about 2 tablespoons of mushroom mixture onto each polenta round. Sprinkle each round with 1/4 teaspoon cheese; sprinkle with parsley to garnish. Yields 2 polenta rounds per serving.
- You can make the polenta rounds and top them with the mushroom mixture a few hours before you plan to serve them. Just reheat them in a 350ºF oven for about 10 minutes. Then create a festive serving platter garnish using rosemary sprigs and some fresh or dried cranberries.