White beans with spinach, ham, and goat cheese
Cooked lean ham
4 oz, 1 piece, thickly sliced, baked, diced
1 medium, chopped
Uncooked fennel bulb(s)
1 item(s), small, cored and diced
Orange bell pepper
1 large, or red, diced
2 medium clove(s), minced
Canned white beans
15½ oz, (1 can), small, rinsed and drained
1 Tbsp, chopped
Fresh baby spinach
6 oz, (1 bag)
Low-fat hard or semisoft cheese
6 Tbsp, shredded, goat variety, crumbled
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add ham and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 1–2 minutes. Transfer ham to plate.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to skillet. Add onion, fennel, and bell pepper. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are golden, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add beans and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in vinegar, fennel fronds, salt, and black pepper.
- Divide spinach evenly among 6 plates. Top evenly with bean mixture, goat cheese, and ham.
- Serving size: 1 cup spinach, about ¾ cup bean mixture, 1 tablespoon cheese, and about 2 tablespoons ham