- Combine water and quinoa in small saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer until liquid id absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain beans in large bowl and mash with fork or potato masher.
- Drain quinoa in fine-mesh sieve and transfer to bowl with beans.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add, corn, shallot, bell pepper, and garlic and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add vegetable mixture, panko, egg, Parmesan, salt, black pepper, and thyme to quinoa mixture and stir to combine. Form mixture into 4 round cakes and chill 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to large nonstick skillet and set over medium heat. Place cakes in skillet and cook, carefully turning once, until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Serve cakes with lemon wedges.
- Per serving: 1 cake
These cakes are delicious on their own, or you can turn them into burgers by serving them in sandwich thins with lettuce and tomato (1 multigrain sandwich thin will increase the per-serving SmartPoints by 3.