Warm Date Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce
- Total Time
Buy your dates pitted to cut back on preparation time. If you can't find fresh ones with the pits already removed, cut a slit in each date and push the pit out.
date(s)3 ½ oz, chopped
mineral water1 fl oz
baking soda1 tsp
reduced-calorie margarine¼ cup(s)
SPLENDA® Sucralose sweetener (Splenda®)½ cup(s)
white self-rising flour1 cup(s)
unpacked brown sugar¾ cup(s)
light cream½ cup(s)
reduced-calorie margarine4 Tbsp
- Coat an 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine dates and water in a pan, bring to a boil, remove from heat and stir in baking soda. Let mixture stand for 5 minutes and then process in a blender until smooth.
- Cream margarine, sugar and eggs with an electric mixer until thick and creamy. Fold in flour and then date mixture. Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until cooked through. Allow pudding to cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pan.
- To make Butterscotch Sauce, combine brown sugar, cream, and 4 tablespoons margarine in a small pot and heat without boiling, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Increase heat and simmer for 3 minutes, careful not to burn sauce. Drizzle over warm pudding to serve.