Veggie phyllo tart
7 oz, 8 large sheets (14 by 18 inches each) or 16 small sheets (9 by 14 inches each)
1 medium, coarsely chopped
4 medium, coarsely chopped
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
1 large egg(s)
Low fat crème frâiche
1 tsp, or mixed Italian herbs
⅛ cup(s), 2 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat large baking sheet with nonstick spray. Arrange 2 large sheets of phyllo (or 4 small sheets of phyllo) on baking sheet, overlapping in center and allowing ends to hang over sides. Repeat with 2 more large sheets of phyllo (or 4 small sheets) and spray with nonstick spray. Repeat, building layers with remaining phyllo and nonstick spray to make total of 4 layers. Scrunch up edges of phyllo to form a rim and to fit pan. Bake phyllo until golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
- In medium saucepan, cover asparagus with boiling water. Cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes, then drain.
- Meanwhile, in food processor, pulse zucchini and scallions until finely chopped. Halve tomatoes. In small bowl, beat egg, crème fraîche, and herbs. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over phyllo. Scatter zucchini, scallions, asparagus, and tomatoes on top of egg mixture. Bake tart until egg mixture is set, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let tart cool slightly. Cut into quarters. Serve warm or cold and top with basil and arugula leaves.
- Serving size: 1 piece