Vanilla Pound Cake
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 large egg(s)
- 3 large egg white(s)
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese
- 3 1/2 Tbsp regular butter
- 1 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, vanilla extract and almond extract; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and butter until blended. Beat in sugar, baking powder and salt until blended. Beat in flour and egg mixture, little by little, beginning and ending with flour.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 55 to 65 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 12 slices and serve. Yields 1 slice per serving.