Vanilla Pound Cake
- Total Time
Three words: moist, sweet, delicious. A terrific go-to dessert for any occasion.
cooking spray1 spray(s)
egg white(s)3 large
vanilla extract2 ½ tsp
almond extract1 tsp
low fat cream cheese8 oz
regular butter3 ½ Tbsp
sugar1 ¼ cup(s)
baking powder¾ tsp
table salt¼ tsp
all-purpose flour1 ¾ cup(s)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, vanilla extract and almond extract; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and butter until blended. Beat in sugar, baking powder and salt until blended. Beat in flour and egg mixture, little by little, beginning and ending with flour.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 55 to 65 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 12 slices and serve. Yields 1 slice per serving.