Turkey sausage and white bean soup
1 large, chopped
uncooked turkey sausage(s)
½ pound(s), Italian style, casings removed
1 medium clove(s), minced
reduced-sodium chicken broth
uncooked butternut squash
1¼ pound(s), peeled, seeded, and cubed
1½ tsp, minced
canned cannellini beans
19 oz, (white kidney), rinsed and drained
fresh lemon juice
grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and ½ teaspoon salt and cook, stirring often, until onion has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add sausage to pan and cook, breaking it up with wooden spoon, until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add broth, squash, sage, and nutmeg and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until squash is tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in beans and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Serve sprinkled with cheese.
- Per serving (1 cup soup and 1 teaspoon Parmesan)