Turkey cutlets with orange sauce
Uncooked boneless skinless turkey breast
1 pound(s), 4 (1⁄4-pound) cutlets
1 medium, minced
2 tsp, grated
⅓ fl oz
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 Tbsp, fresh, chopped
- Place the turkey cutlets between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. With a meat mallet or the bottom of a heavy saucepan, pound to 1⁄4-inch thickness.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the turkey with the salt and pepper. Add the cutlets to the skillet and cook until lightly browned and cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the shallot to the skillet. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk together the orange zest and juice, broth, and cornstarch in a cup until smooth. Add the cornstarch mixture to the skillet and cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens and bubbles, about 2 minutes.
- Return the turkey to the skillet. Cover and cook until heated through, about 1 minute longer. Sprinkle with the chives.
- Serving size: 1 turkey cutlet and 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sauce