- 1 pound(s) uncooked ground turkey breast, lean
- 1 small uncooked zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup(s), sliced uncooked red onion(s), minced
- 3/4 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/4 cup(s) light mayonnaise
- 4 leaf/leaves, large lettuce
- 4 slice(s) fresh tomato(es)
- 4 item(s) mixed grain hamburger roll(s), or whole-wheat buns, split and toasted
Heat a nonstick ridged grill pan over medium-low heat.
Combine the turkey, zucchini, cheese, onion, salt, and pepper in a bowl until blended. Shape into four patties.
Grill the patties until browned on the outside and no longer pink in the center, about 7 minutes on each side.
Meanwhile, whisk together the ketchup and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
Layer the lettuce, burgers, and tomato slices on the bottoms of the hamburger buns. Top with the ketchup mixture, then the bun tops.
- Don’t be tempted to press the burgers with a spatula when cooking. This common mistake actually robs the burgers of moistness by squeezing out the juices.